Is It Possible to End the Thousand Yesterdays? - Claremont 1968 - Students Discussion 3
- United States
More information"Is it possible to end the thousand yesterdays? - 13 November 1968
• Living together amicably, creatively, in complete relationship with one another
– if that is what is essential then we need not only a different kind of mind but
also a different quality of affection, love.
• What is the function of a religious mind?
• Our struggle in life is dualistic: good and bad, right and wrong, holy and unholy,
the ideal and the fact. There is only the fact, not the ideal.
• Is it possible to look at life as though you are looking for the first time?
• What is the content of the unconscious? It is the racial residue, the traditional,
the family, the personal. It is as trivial as the conscious mind.
• Q: It seems to me that the ‘I’, the ego only exists in relation to other things.
Could you comment on this?
• The impossible becomes possible only when you discard the impossibility of it.
To find out anything you must go beyond the impossible.
• Q: What do you mean by meditation?
• There is no ‘how’."