Just So Stories - Just So Stories for Little Children
- United States
More informationRudyard Kipling's classic collection of short stories for children, offers fantastic explanations for the origins of certain animals' characteristics, why tides ebb and flow and even how the alphabet was invented.
Following the conventions of traditional folklore and legends, Just So Stories have deliberately fanciful narratives with intent of teaching a moral lesson, but providing enough entertainment to make the lesson palatable.
1. How the Whale Got his Throat
2. How the Camel Got its Hump
3. How the Rhinoceros Got His Skin
4. How the Leopard Got its Spots
5. The Elephant’s Child
6. The Sing-Song of Old Man Kangaroo
7. The Beginning of the Armadillos
8. How the First Letter was Written
9. How the Alphabet was Made
10. The Crab that Played with the Sea
11. The Cat that Walked by Himself
12. The Butterfly that Stamped