Secrets of the Baby Whisperer For Toddlers
- United States
More informationUnnerved by the ceaseless demands of your toddler? Concerned that your two-year-old isn't developing on schedule? You clearly need to spend some time with Tracy Hogg. Nicknamed the "baby whisperer" by grateful parents because of her extraordinary gift for understanding and connecting with children, Tracy became internationally famous after the smashing success of her New York Times bestseller Secrets of the Baby Whisperer. Now Tracy is back with the same winning blend of common sense, uncanny intuition, and results-getting guidance in her new book, Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers. Yes, the toddler years have their stresses and challenges for both parents and children-but with Tracy at your side, you'll find that this can also be the most fascinating and rewarding stretch of parenthood.
As in her hugely popular first book, Tracy brings her vast experience to bear on the issues and dilemmas with which all parents grapple during toddlerhood. Starting with the simple but essential premise that there is no such thing as a "typical" child, Tracy guides you through her unique programs, including:
• H.E.L.P. (Hold back, Explain, Limit, Praise): the mantra that will remind you of the four elements that are critical to fostering your child's growth and independence.
• Using T.L.C. (Talk, Listen, Clarify) to communicate with your toddler, to figure out what she is really thinking, and to best help her express herself.
• R&R: the Routines and Rituals that give structure and predictability to daily life and a sense of continuity to holidays and special occasions.
• Rehearsals for Change: ways of preparing your toddler for new experiences by encouraging her to practice her skills in the safe, controlled setting of your family.
• Conscious Discipline: a way of teaching your toddler how to behave and manage his emotions, while being mindful of the lessons you teach with your own behavior.
Tracy knows that your child is special-a one-of-a-kind individual with her own gifts and needs-and she has dedicated this ma