Sprinkle Glitter on My Grave - Observations, Rants, and Other Uplifting Thoughts About Life
- United States
More informationThe star of Bravo's breakout scripted comedy Odd Mom Out shares her razor-sharp wit and backhanded wisdom in a deeply observed and outrageously funny collection of musings, lists, essays, and outrages.
From her unique lingo (things don't simply frighten her, they "M. Night Shyamalan her out") to her gimlet-eyed view of narrow-mindedness, to her morbid but curiously life-affirming parenting style, Jill Kargman is nothing if not original. In this hilarious new book, the sharp-elbowed mother of three turns her unconventional lens on life and death and everything in between, including
• the politically correct peer pressure she felt from the new moms in her hood, the women who provided the grist for the mill of her hit television show
• the evolution of her aesthetic from Miami Vice vibrant (a very brief flirtation) to Wednesday Addams-meets-rocker chic
• her deep-seated New Yorker's discomfort with moving vehicles that aren't taxis and subways (a.k.a. "suburban panic disorder")
• the family obsession with reading obituaries for their medical revelations and real estate news value
• the reasons why, in a land of tan-orexic baby-oil beach bakers, she chooses to honor the valor of her ghostly pallor
From a hellish visit to the Happiest Place on Earth to her unusual wedding night with Russell Crowe to her adrenaline-pumping Gay Pride parade experience, Sprinkle Glitter on My Grave is as wonderfully indecent and entertaining as a spring break road trip with your best friend. Assuming your best friend is the kind of gal who still wears a motorcycle jacket to pick up the kids at school.
Praise for Sprinkle Glitter on My Grave
"We love her on Bravo's Odd Mom Out, and in Sprinkle Glitter on My Grave, Jill Kargman brings us a hilarious essay collection about life, death, and everything in between."-PopSugar
"The release (which reads in part like a memoir, or what we imagine it would be like to have a girls' night in with the writer) is a humorous book filled with a closer look at the New York native's childh