The Lowdown: Top Tips for Wannabe CEOs
- United States
More informationUseful tips to help you climb the corporate ladder. In today’s competitive job market, you need to find an edge.
What if you had one of the top CEOs in the publishing industry as your mentor? What if that mentor gave you inside information and top tips to help you plan your route to the top? And what if that mentor was available at the click of a button?
In an effective but light-hearted talk, Richard Charkin (Executive Director of Bloomsbury PLC, publisher of the phenomenally successful Harry Potter novels) gives the lowdown on how to climb the career ladder: the best way to start, what pitfalls to avoid as you advance, and how to stay on top once you’ve got there.
As a bonus, people at the top of their professions – such as best-selling author Lord Jeffrey Archer and Chief Executive of the British Library Lynne Brindley – provide questions they’ve always wanted the answers to.
Topics covered include:
• The lessons you should learn before you even begin your climb up the ladder
• Developing a strategy
• Making allies and dealing with enemies
• The importance of networking
• Dealing with office politics
• How to get yourself noticed
• How to know when it’s time to move on
• The things you have to know to be a good CEO