What Will Make Me See That Thought Breeds Frustration? - Gstaad 1965 - Small Group Discussion 3
- United States
More information"What will make me see that thought breeds frustration? - 21 August 1965
• What is the function of thought?
• Can the mind see the fact that thought will always breed frustration?
• Function is necessary, but function with status, position and power must breed frustration.
• Without frustration thought says to itself, ‘I am not seeking. I don’t want anything.’
• If there is no thought, what happens?
• The very perception of the limitation of thought is the act of opening the door,
rather than thought opening the door.
• To function without prestige, without frustration, that itself is an extraordinary
state, meaning to function without self-centred activity."