Why Do We Seek a Method Or Technique? - Ojai 1949 - Public Talk 12
- United States
More information"Why do we seek a method or technique? - 21 August 1949.
• The problems of life do not demand a method, because they are so vital and alive that if we approach with a method we totally misunderstand and don’t adequately meet that problem.
• Where there is efficiency there is ruthlessness.
• The means and the end are not separate.
• Reality or God is something that cannot come by a technique, a means, or
through a long, determined practice and discipline.
• Aloneness implies no means. You are not alone when you have a means.
• Q: What is the right relationship, if any, between the individual and the
collective, the mass?
• Q: What is the significance of pain and suffering?"