Wisdom Comes Through the Understanding of Suffering - Saanen 1974 - Public Talk 5
- United States
More information"Wisdom comes through the understanding of suffering - 23 July 1974
• Do we respond to the whole field of existence? Must not there be love to do that?
• To love, to be responsible for the whole, one must go beyond suffering. • Can we know the nature, structure and function of suffering?
• Is isolation one of the major causes of suffering?
• Is attachment, which denies freedom, a cause of suffering?
• In the love of the whole the particular comes in, but not the other way around. • Can we be sensitive to beauty if we are psychologically hurt?
• Can the mind be aware of hurt and not react at the conscious or unconscious
Questions from the audience followed the talk."