Without Self-Knowledge There Cannot Be Complete Action - Ojai 1949 - Public Talk 10
- United States
More information"10. Without self-knowledge there cannot be complete action - 14 August 1949
• Can we act without ideation?
• Immortality is not an idea. It is something beyond ideation, thought and the
bundle of memory which is all the ‘me’.
• Love is not a thought process.
• Q: What place has criticism in relationship?
• Q: When you speak of timelessness, it seems you must mean something besides
a sequence of events. Do you perhaps mean that by knowing what part of you is eternal, then time no longer becomes a means to an end, or a means to progress?
• Q: Is there a gulf, an interval of any duration, between my perceiving something, and being or realizing it?
• Q: You often speak of living, experiencing, and yet being as nothing. What is this state of being as nothing consciously?"