TuneIn Launches Exclusive ESPN Podcast Channels
Expanded Content Offering, with Eight ESPN 24/7 Podcast Channels and Comprehensive Live Coverage of the 2014 FIFA World Cup
PALO ALTO, Calif., June 11, 2014 – Starting today, TuneIn listeners will enjoy a unique expanded offering including eight new ESPN 24/7 podcast channels to be available on TuneIn. New 24/7 ESPN channels are Mike & Mike, SVP & Russillo, Paul Finebaum, The Thundering Herd, ESPN Fantasy, ESPN Today In Sports, ESPN Talk Show Podcasts, and ESPN Perspectives. TuneIn will also carry ESPN Radio’s live comprehensive coverage of the 2014 FIFA World Cup including all 64 matches and 600+ live hours of FIFA World Cup-related news and information programming.
“ESPN channels are very popular on TuneIn, and have already been followed approximately 1.5 million times. We are excited to continue to add more personalized content for ESPN fans, from dedicated 24/7 channels for the most popular podcasts, to live international events like the World Cup,” said Kevin Straley, VP Programming, TuneIn.
“We are pleased to expand our relationship with TuneIn. These creative channels give sports fans access to their favorite ESPN Audio content in a lean-back experience, providing more content in a streaming environment, ” said Patrick Polking, Senior Director, Digital Business & Strategic Development, ESPN Audio.
ESPN 24/7 Stations:
- Mike & Mike: - Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg start the morning with a mix of sports news, analysis, entertainment and big name interviews.
- SVP & Russillo: Scott Van Pelt and Ryen Russillo. The home of next-level humor.
- Paul Finebaum: Paul Finebaum provides his unique takes on the SEC and the world of college football.
- The Thundering Herd:: Fantasy Focus Baseball, Fantasy Focus Basketball, Fantasy Focus Football, and Fantasy Underground.
- ESPN Fantasy Football Today, Hockey Today, Baseball Tonight with Buster Olney, and Mike Tirico's Monday Night Football Preview Show.
- ESPN Today In Sports: Audio from both ESPN television and ESPN Radio including Around the Horn, PTI, Olbermann, First Take, Highly Questionable with Dan Le Batard, and The Tony Kornheiser Show.
- ESPN Perspectives: Perspectives Capital Games, Perspectives Inside Out, Perspectives SportsBiz, Outside The Lines, and Sporting Life with Jeremy Schaap.
2014 FIFA World Cup:
- TuneIn will feature ESPN Radio’s live coverage of all 64 matches of the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, from the Brazil vs. Croatia opener on June 12th through the Final on July 13th.
- TuneIn will carry ESPN Radio’s robust news and information schedule supporting the World Cup match schedule, with SportsCenter Express and World Cup Express during evening and weekend programming, as well as special one-hour FIFA World Cup Today shows at select times during the tournament. ESPN Radio will also produce a 30-minute ESPN FC program, which will air multiple times each night of the World Cup. Leading up to the June 12 opening match, ESPN Radio will air World Cup vignettes regularly.
Listeners can follow ESPN Radio on TuneIn for coverage of the 2014 FIFA World Cup, or simply search “World Cup” on the free TuneIn Radio app or on TuneIn.com to find World Cup coverage in their country. Fans using the free TuneIn Radio app on iPhone, iPad, or Android devices can add upcoming live games to a digital calendar.
TuneIn is the most popular way to listen to real radio from around the world. With over 50 million monthly active users, TuneIn lets people listen to the world's sports, news, talk, and music from wherever they are. TuneIn has over 100,000 radio stations and more than four million on-demand programs streaming from every continent, and is available across 200+ connected devices. TuneIn has venture funding from IVP, Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, and Jafco Ventures, and is headquartered in Palo Alto, California.