Today's Takeaways: Ebola Tests NYC, A Window Into Black...10/24/14
1. First Case of Ebola Tests NYC | 2. South Unbound: Mapping the Midterm Elections | 3. ISIS: More Manson Family Than Religious Movement | 4. Lost Chapter of Black History Resurrected | 5. New Series Shows a 'Twisted' & 'Paranoid' Nixon
Today's Takeaways: A Gunman, A Spy, and A Fading Memory
1. Attack in Ottawa Leaves Canada Reeling | 2. Valerie Plame on The New Age of National Security | 3. Film Chronicles Glen Campbell's Alzheimer's Encore
Today's Takeaways: Skewed Justice, Jason Schwartzman Improvising, and...
1. Campaign Ads Sway Judicial Decisions | 2. Following The Money in The War Against Ebola | 3. Improvising with Jason Schwartzman | 4. Dr. Katz Will See You Now: The Return of a 90s Icon | 5. Remembering The Legendary Ben Bradlee
Today's Takeaways: A Real-Life Spy Thriller, Secret Money in Politics,...
1. Is the GOP Losing Its Lock on Kansas? | 2. A Real-Life Spy Thriller: New Doc Reveals The Story Behind Snowden | 3. It Could Take Another Watergate to Get Secret Money Out of Politics | 4. The Power of Curiosity: The True Story Behind the Mars Rover
Today's Takeaways: Your Complete Guide to The 2014 Midterm Elections
This is a special edition of The Takeaway podcast that's devoted to the 2014 midterm elections.
Under Her Skin: Stories of Living With Breast Cancer
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we'redelivering you a special podcast. Through audio diaries recorded over the course of six months, The Takeaway's series "Under Her Skin: LivingWith Breast Cancer" follows three African-American women...
Today's Takeaways: The Fear of Ebola, The Politics of Oil, And a New...
1. Oil Drops Help the Pump, But May Hurt Long Term | 2. You Don't Have Ebola. You're Not Going to Get It. | 3. FBI Director Worries New Smartphones Too Smart | 4. America & The Growing Trade in Syria's Looted Art | 5. 'Disgraced': A Play About Faith,...
Today's Takeaways: The Politics of Ebola, Medicaid, and Space Travel
1. Who Has The Power To Stop Ebola? | 2. Ebola: The 2014 October Election Surprise | 3. Medicaid Used as Pawn in Florida Governor's Race | 4. The Giant Leap Into Commercial Space Travel | 5. Billions of Lost Funds Haunt Iraq
Today's Takeaways: Abortion in America, Civil Rights Reckoning, and The...
1. Supreme Court Hands Partial Victory to Texas Abortion Clinics | 2. Divisions Remain as Ukrainian Election Nears | 3. Protesters in St. Louis Face Generational Divide | 4. 'Reckoning' with the Past Through Civil Rights Trials | 5. Forget What You...
Today's Takeaways: Ebola Panic, Scientifically Chosen Children &...
1. Ebola Protocols: Sensible or Fear-Mongering? | 2. Could a 21st-Century Catholic Church Be on The Horizon? | 3. All Eyes on Kentucky as Midterms Inch Closer | 4. Turkey's Reluctant Fight Against ISIS
Today's Takeaways: Fighting Ebola at Home & Abroad, Celebrating...
SPECIAL EPISODE: The Budos Band performed in The Takeaway studios for an entire hour! This episode of The Takeaway podcast features their studio performance throughout each segment. Here are the stories you'll find in today's show: 1. Ebola: A...
Today's Takeaways: Striving for World Peace, Justice, and Courage
1. A Symbol of Hope: Malala Yousafzai Wins Nobel Peace Prize | 2. Another Officer-Involved Shooting Shakes St. Louis | 3. West Virginia's School to Prison Pipeline | 4. The Elusive Peace: Steven Pinker Explains Why Violence Has Declined
Today's Takeaways: Infant Mortality, Jamming on a Banjo, and Living...
1. When Life Ends at The Beginning: America's Infant Mortality Problem | 2. French Author Patrick Modiano Wins The 2014 Nobel Prize in Literature | 3. ISIS Uses Water As a Weapon in Iraq | 4. Banjos and Ballots: Mike Doughty Jams With John Hockenberry...
Today's Takeaways: Ebola Claims Life of Dallas Patient, ISIS Advances...
1. Dallas Ebola Patient Loses Life to Virus | 2. Fears of Ebola Touch Liberians in U.S. | 3. ISIS Makes Swift Advance on Turkish Border Town | 4. Listeners Respond: Family Secrets Revealed | 5. The Family Secrets of the AIDS Epidemic
Today's Takeaways: Religious Freedom, California's Drought, and A Vet's...
1. Close Shave for the Constitution in Arkansas | 2. Sen. Schumer: Ebola Screenings Needed Now at U.S. Airports | 3. Despite Drought, California Officials Ignore Water Regulations | 4. After Battlefield, Vet Finds Hope on Football Fields
Today's Takeaways: ISIS Surrounds Syrian Kurdish Town, Forced Feeding...
1. ISIS Surrounds Syrian Town Near Turkish Border | 2. Federal Court Reviews Forced Feeding of Guantanamo Detainee | 3. Vatican Meets to Discuss Family Issues | 4. How We Got to Now: the Quest for Light and Cleanliness | 5. HONY Photographer Captures...
The Takeaway Weekender: Home-Cooking, Hollywood Horror, and Great Ideas
1. Home-Cooking: A Family Tradition Out of Reach? | 2. The Horror Movie That Changed Film: 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' | 3. Thanks, Internet: Five Things You Had to See Online This Week | 4. How We Got to Now: A Guide to Great Ideas
Today's Takeaways: Challenges in Dallas Response to Ebola, Small...
1. As Ebola Spreads, New Drug Offers Hope | 2. Thanks, Internet: Five Things You Had to See Online This Week | 3. Reviews of This Week's Movies | 4. 'Fishing Without Nets': Somali Piracy, from the Pirates' Perspective | 5. How We Got to Now: A Guide...
Today's Takeaways: Dallas Fights Ebola, Robot Armies, and America by...
1. Dallas Ebola Patient Came in Contact With 80 People | 2. Mecca: More Manhattan Than Ancient | 3. The 'Call of Duty' Creator Now Advises on Real Warfare | 4. The Struggles of Greeting a New America
Today's Takeaways: Ebola Reaches America, The Horror Movie That Changed...
1. Halting the Spread of Ebola in the U.S. | 2. Bond King's Departure Shakes Up Market | 3. The Horror Movie That Changed Film: 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' | 4. Home-Cooking: A Family Tradition Out of Reach?
- New York, NY
160 Varick St.
New York, NY 100131-877-869-8253