"8. Experiencing the state of immortality without ideation - 7 August 1949.
• There is no mind without idea, thought and verbalization.
• There is no experiencer and the experience; there is only a state of
• One cannot think about immortality. If one can live in the state of only
experiencing then there is a state in which ideation has stopped altogether.
• Is it possible to have direct experience of that which is not thinkable and which
cannot be put into words?
• Q: Is there a way of knowing what is the truth about myself, without illusion or
• Q: Is effort a necessary preliminary to tranquillity?
• Q: I no longer suppress my thoughts and am I shocked by what sometimes
arises. Can I be as bad as that?
• Q: Why is it that certain undesirable conditions in oneself do not vanish as soon as they are observed?
• Q: Is the artist or musician engaged in a futile thing?"