The SuperStress Solution - 4-week Diet and Lifestyle Program
Roberta Lee, M.D.
We live on little sleep and exercise but a lot of work. We eat junk and processed foods on the run and fuel up with caffeine and sugar. We are chronically overcommitted, subjected to a 24/7 news cycle, and can't take our eyes off our computers and PDAs. Is it any wonder that anxious is the new normal?
Our bodies are hardwired to cope with stress, but we are biologically ill-equipped to handle the kind that we endure today.
The human brain, in all its majesty, can't distinguish true physical emergencies from daily hassles, deadlines, information overload, difficult decisions, guilt, and worries. The physiological reaction is the same: a chronic hormonal surge born of our instinctive fight-or-flight response. The result is a cluster of dangerous symptoms: immune deficiencies, high blood pressure, weight gain, insomnia, and a wide range of other ailments. This is what world-renowned integrative physician Dr. Roberta Lee has defined as the SuperStress syndrome, which is caused by our overstimulated, undernourished lifestyle.
In this empowering, life-changing book, Dr. Lee presents the solution to SuperStress. She shows how you can build stress resistance and resilience into your life with a unique prescription for recognizing, rebalancing, and protecting against stresses small and large. Starting with a comprehensive, informative questionnaire to determine your stress level and stress personality type, The SuperStress Solution then guides you through a 4-week healing program to reset your rattled nervous system to a default state of rest rather than high alert. Discover how to
• Nourish your body with nutrient-rich foods, herbs, and supplements that repair stress damage
• Detox your system and jump-start your body's healing with an easy-to-follow eating plan
• Sleep well again by following simple steps to protect and promote the rest your body needs
• Move to simple, low-impact exercises that can be done in five-minute to one-hour increments
• Retrain your mind so you can access a sense of peace and calm even