"To look without a concept is to be aware of the observer and the thing observed - 20 May 1967
• Violence and sorrow are not limited to the West or the East; it is part of the human structure, psychologically.
• Is it possible to bring about a change radically, a total revolution in the psyche itself, not through time?
• The first and last freedom is when the mind is totally free from concepts and the mechanical process of building a formula.
• It is an art to look, which is much more important than any art in the world, any painting, music or book; because when we can look so totally and completely, being directly in contact, there is an ending.
• Q: If one has cancer, how can one be free from death?"