Lets Break Good-logo

Lets Break Good

Arts & Culture Podcasts >

A podcast for rebels that believe good is no longer good enough. Bitesize episodes and insightful interviews with useful tips and tricks for driving purpose in the workplace. Are you ready? Let's break good.

A podcast for rebels that believe good is no longer good enough. Bitesize episodes and insightful interviews with useful tips and tricks for driving purpose in the workplace. Are you ready? Let's break good.
More Information

Location:

United States

Description:

A podcast for rebels that believe good is no longer good enough. Bitesize episodes and insightful interviews with useful tips and tricks for driving purpose in the workplace. Are you ready? Let's break good.

Language:

English


Episodes

Episode 7: Bold Branding with Purpose

4/10/2019
More
On today's episode an extraordinary in-depth interview with Myriam Sidibe. For over twenty years Myriam has been a leader on social and health issues across Africa and Asia. She runs a multi million dollar brand at the global consumer goods company Unilever that also improves the health and sanitation of people across 55 different country. On the podcast, Myriam reflects on her professional journey, talks about the power of branding with purpose, and shares advice on starting and maintaining...

Duration:00:51:32

Episode 6: Design for the 90%

4/3/2019
More
If 90% of technology is designed for the wealthiest 10% of the world's population, what does it take to design for the other 90%? On today's episode, we start in Uganda with a story of why many aide and charity groups design approach to doing good is well intentioned, but often falls short. Then we look at an alternative design approach pioneered by Amy Smith at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and our host shares his lessons learned from a month long design summit in Ghana that...

Duration:00:33:45

Episode 5: So You Think You Can Scale

3/20/2019
More
In a continuation from episode four "So You Think You Can Map", this episode explores overcoming the challenges of scaling a project that has proven to break good. What can you do when your colleagues are not as enthusiastic as you are about a project, even if it is making a huge impact? How can you maintain momentum past the excitement of launch and initial achievements? And what happens when a project grows beyond your control? An authentic, raw look at what it takes to scale social impact.

Duration:00:29:10

Episode 4: So You Think You Can Map

3/11/2019
More
When the impact you are trying to make seems nearly impossible, the hardest step to take is the first one. How do you assemble the team needed to take on the challenge? How do you get the buy-in and commitments from the community you are seeking change in? For our inspiration we will be going to do the famed city of Rio de Janeiro Brazil to explore the story of a community in conflict that overcome years of non action to take on life threatening disaster risks.How did they get unlikely...

Duration:00:29:02

Episode 3: The Case to Break Good

2/14/2019
More
How do you get started on breaking good? It all starts with your passion. In this episode we look at the hosts inspirational first experience with breaking good thanks to rap music, teaching kids to read and his college dorm's ethernet. Later some tips to making the case to colleagues and the CEO of your organization. By the end of the episode, yo'll see why it is either break good, or get left behind.

Duration:00:25:56

Episode 2: Finding Purpose at Work

2/14/2019
More
After a volunteering trip to a war torn country, Gib Bulloch was inspired by the potential for business skills to help tackle tough social problems. In this episode we interview Gib to learn how he turned his idea into a multi-million dollar venture inside one of the world's largest consulting companies. How did he get employees to line up for a pay cuts to take on purpose driven projects? What did it take to sustain his initiative and how can you find purpose in the workplace without losing...

Duration:00:55:34

Episode 1: Its Time to Break Good

2/14/2019
More
In the premiere episode we cover the road trip across Africa and New York City happy hour that lead to the inspiration for breaking good. Later we talk about what inspired the podcast and why we need people to break good in 2019 more then ever before.

Duration:00:25:44