Josh is joined by Wagga comedian Dane Simpson. Dane is currently doing his first solo run at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival 2019. The man has had a crazy 2018 and 2019: including MICF 2018, The Adelaide Fringe Festival, festivals in Perth, 'Have You Been Paying Attention', and expanding his hometown comedy scene.
Josh and Dane chat about the following:
Josh is joined by 56 year radio and TV veteran Paul Konik. The guys chat Australian commercial media, working at the ABC, getting good at content creation, working horses as a non-horse person, driving 87km to work at 4am in the morning, and the town of Wangaratta.
Articles Mentioned in the Episode:
http://punchingsideways.com [ please note: for the most up-to-date information on the ‘In Purgatory’ Kickstarter please click the Halftone Production link below ]
Josh is joined by Kieran Jack and the guys chat independent comics, crowdfunding, and film/TV’s messing with source material.
Josh and Kieran go deep on the following:
What Josh Found Most Interesting: Why in certain fields, artists need to produce work that sells and sustain their ongoing investment in the medium, before they...
Josh chats independent filmmaking, The Police, The X-Files, creative vision, and more with co-creator of THERMONUCLEARTANTRUMTIME, Craig Dent.
Josh and Craig go deep on the following:
• The creative process behind TNTT / Trip Hazard v Astral Plane.
• How much work goes into creating a multi-narrative story on limited resources.
• What Craig and his team are hoping it will become, and where it might go if film isn’t the final destination for the project.
Geoff and Dawn from (Cohesion Press) chat with Josh about selling their stories to Netflix, working with Deadpool director Tim Miller, and the day-to-day operations of Asylum Ghost Tours - Beechworth.
COHESION contributed 3 stories to Season 1 of the upcoming Netflix Animated Anthology Series "Love, Death & Robots" and the story of how that all happened is incredibly interesting. Check out @lovedeathandrobots on Instagram for a daily countdown culminating March...
In this episode we're joined by Scott Landells, President of IndigoFM radio.
The guys chat about:
• IndigoFM as it stands today.
• What separates a low-power FM from a community radio station or commercial radio station.
• How the team at IndigoFM programmed the music for the station, which includes loads of Australian and Independent content.
• The new IndigoFM site in Tangambalanga.
@joshuacliston on Twitter, Instagram and...
Trancestate debut some new (and awesome) sounds in this episode of the podcast.
Josh is joined by Tom and Ben from Albury-Wodonga based heavy band 'Trancestate'. The guys chat about local heavy music, Wagga's lack of music festivals, Albury show promoters, Sodens Hotel and the Home Tavern. Trancestate is producing their album at home, and Josh (being an old man) is fascinated by that.
@joshuacliston on Twitter,...
To email the show: firstname.lastname@example.org
Josh is joined by Radio Host, Entertainer and Comedian 'Seamus Evans'.
The guys chat about the following:
• Placenta pills.
• Trying stand-up comedy for the first time, and trying to get better.
• How Australia is actually working for NASA (but where are our cushy .gov salaries?)
• Working out yet not plastering Instagram with inspirational fluff!
• The 'only/single/singular/sole' flaw in Terminator 2.
http://punchingsidways.com to listen, subscribe and share the podcast.
Jin Tommo is a locally-sourced musician, traveller and videographer, who among other things is a founder member of busking community website, The Buskers Guide.
Jin and Josh discuss the recent news that Wagga music institution The Home Tavern is closing down. The guys cover some of their more vivid memories of The Home, plus they venture into discussing 'what makes a music venue a music venue'.
Find Jin on Facebook -...
Anthony Simcoe is a former actor (The Castle & Farscape), in-demand business trainer, and Doctoral student researching storytelling & machine learning. He's also, as you will discover in this conversation, an incredibly down-to-earth and fun guy.
Josh and Anthony chat about following good-stuff:
• Taking an arts-mindset into the business space without getting stuck teaching people obvious skills like body language and role-playing. Anthony has a unique take on the business-training...
Martin Atkins is an author, documentary filmmaker, international touring drummer, record label owner, University teacher and speaker, and oh yeah, he's a funny funny man.
• Martin's incredible history in music including his work with PiL, Nine Inch Nails, Ministry, Killing Joke, Pigface, Invisible Records and SEA Chicago.
• Martin's books about the music industry and touring Band Smart, Welcome to the Music Business Your F-worded, Tour Smart and his...
Steve Smith (@stevesmithffx) is a feature writer with ESPN, digital media practitioner and NBA podcaster. Plus, as you will discover in this conversation, he isn't the former Captain of the Australian Cricket Team, although many of Twitter still believe that he is!
Steve spent many years as the Bandits/SEABL beat writer for Fairfax Media (based out of Albury-Wodonga), where he developed a unique skill for producing feature pieces and long form articles.
• Steve being mistaken on...
In this episode we talk with Hit Network breakfast host and actor 'Seamus Evans'.
• Seamus takes us through a recent article about a major change in his lifestyle.
• Toasted TV
• Totally Wild TV
• Getting a start in radio at NOVA Melbourne and Adelaide
• Radio and Broadcasting in Albury-Wodonga
• #LocationChats about Brisbane, Adelaide and Albury-Wodonga.
Get around Seamus online:
• @seamusevans on Instagram | @mrseamusevans on Facebook
In this episode Josh chats with Sean Callanan from Sports Geek.
The guys chat about:
• Sports-tech in general and the crazy platform that is driving the NBA's snackable highlights. (0 - 19mins)
• Sean's best tips for getting tickets to international sporting events. (19 - 27mins)
• What exactly is up with NBA corporate boxes? (27 - 31mins)
• The School of Hard Knock Knocks. (31 - 35mins)
• A special technological solution that Sean is working on (35mins -...
In this episode Josh L is joined by traveller, filmmaker and professional busker ‘Josh Thompson’ (aka Jin Tommo) for a chat about London (UK).
We chat about:
Please Subscribe to Punching Sideways HERE http://PunchingSideways.com, that way you will never miss an episodes (they will automatically come to you via iOS, Android, Email or the Web).
Socials: @joshuacliston on Twitter, Instagram and yes, even Facebook.