Anthony Simcoe is a former actor (The Castle & Farscape), in-demand business trainer, and Doctoral student researching storytelling & machine learning. He's also, as you will discover in this conversation, an incredibly down-to-earth and fun guy.
Josh and Anthony chat about following good-stuff:
• Taking an arts-mindset into the business space without getting stuck teaching people obvious skills like body language and role-playing. Anthony has a unique take on the business-training...
Martin Atkins is an author, documentary filmmaker, international touring drummer, record label owner, University teacher and speaker, and oh yeah, he's a funny funny man.
• Martin's incredible history in music including his work with PiL, Nine Inch Nails, Ministry, Killing Joke, Pigface, Invisible Records and SEA Chicago.
• Martin's books about the music industry and touring Band Smart, Welcome to the Music Business Your F-worded, Tour Smart and his...
Steve Smith (@stevesmithffx) is a feature writer with ESPN, digital media practitioner and NBA podcaster. Plus, as you will discover in this conversation, he isn't the former Captain of the Australian Cricket Team, although many of Twitter still believe that he is!
Steve spent many years as the Bandits/SEABL beat writer for Fairfax Media (based out of Albury-Wodonga), where he developed a unique skill for producing feature pieces and long form articles.
• Steve being mistaken on...
In this episode we talk with Hit Network breakfast host and actor 'Seamus Evans'.
• Seamus takes us through a recent article about a major change in his lifestyle.
• Toasted TV
• Totally Wild TV
• Getting a start in radio at NOVA Melbourne and Adelaide
• Radio and Broadcasting in Albury-Wodonga
• #LocationChats about Brisbane, Adelaide and Albury-Wodonga.
Get around Seamus online:
• @seamusevans on Instagram | @mrseamusevans on Facebook
In this episode Josh chats with Sean Callanan from Sports Geek.
The guys chat about:
• Sports-tech in general and the crazy platform that is driving the NBA's snackable highlights. (0 - 19mins)
• Sean's best tips for getting tickets to international sporting events. (19 - 27mins)
• What exactly is up with NBA corporate boxes? (27 - 31mins)
• The School of Hard Knock Knocks. (31 - 35mins)
• A special technological solution that Sean is working on (35mins -...
In this episode Josh L is joined by traveller, filmmaker and professional busker ‘Josh Thompson’ (aka Jin Tommo) for a chat about London (UK).
We chat about:
Please Subscribe to Punching Sideways HERE http://PunchingSideways.com, that way you will never miss an episodes (they will automatically come to you via iOS, Android, Email or the Web).
Socials: @joshuacliston on Twitter, Instagram and yes, even Facebook.