The Blow-By-logo

The Blow-By

Sports & Recreation Podcasts >

We are three guys who spend 80% of our free time watching basketball and the other 20% talking about it. Listen as we break down weekly action in college and the NBA. We aren't educated journalists, sportswriters, or talking heads. We are just three regular people, just like you. Thanks for listening. Become a supporter of this podcast: https://anchor.fm/the-blow-by/support

We are three guys who spend 80% of our free time watching basketball and the other 20% talking about it. Listen as we break down weekly action in college and the NBA. We aren't educated journalists, sportswriters, or talking heads. We are just three regular people, just like you. Thanks for listening. Become a supporter of this podcast: https://anchor.fm/the-blow-by/support
More Information

Location:

United States

Description:

We are three guys who spend 80% of our free time watching basketball and the other 20% talking about it. Listen as we break down weekly action in college and the NBA. We aren't educated journalists, sportswriters, or talking heads. We are just three regular people, just like you. Thanks for listening. Become a supporter of this podcast: https://anchor.fm/the-blow-by/support

Language:

English


Episodes

The Blow-By: The NBA Playoffs Are Here and Magic Johnson is Out

4/15/2019
More
We're back to our weekly schedule after taking a week-long break to get our lives in order. In that time, the playoffs have started and the Lakers are falling further and further into disarray with every passing minute. We recap the first weekend of the playoffs, give our takes on Magic Johnson leaving the Lakers' front office, and look forward to the remaining round 1 matchups. Thanks for listening! Become a supporter of this podcast: https://anchor.fm/the-blow-by/support This podcast is...

Duration:00:31:04

Kentucky is a Football School Anyway

4/1/2019
More
Drew, Billy, and Ben are all together in the same place for the first time in a month. Unfortunately, Kentucky lost yesterday so it looks like they should spend more time apart. Final Four matchups are set and we're gearing up for what will likely be the lowest ratings a Final Four will have had in years. In other news, the NBA Playoffs start soon! Find us on Twitter at @blowbypodcast and on our Kicked Out Media Facebook and Instagram pages! Become a supporter of this podcast:...

Duration:00:38:47

The Blow-By previews the Sweet 16 and LaMelo is the new face of Big Baller Brand

3/25/2019
More
We are deep into the madness of March, Billy is back from Spring Break, Ben is MIA (last seen in Las Vegas), and Louisville has made an unsurprisingly early exit. In our preview of the Sweet 16 we welcome on Chynna Hibbitts, a graduate of the University of Louisville formerly involved with their athletics department. The three of us discuss this past weekend’s games and look forward to the Sweet 16. In our only NBA segment of the week, we look back at news that Lonzo Ball may be leaving Big...

Duration:00:35:09

The Blow-By: March Madness Bracket-Builder Edition

3/18/2019
More
Welcome to another episode of The Blow-By! This week you're joined by Kicked Out Media's own Drew Carrier, The Workplace's Ben Brown, and the man behind Kicked Out Bets; Jordan Jones. Following the NCAA tournament selection Sunday show, we go through each matchup to build a bracket. We debate our picks, tell you why you should or shouldn't listen to us, all while staying hopeful that Virginia doesn't lose to a 16-seed and blow the whole thing up. Thanks for listening! Become a supporter of...

Duration:00:45:38

Jordan's Gambling Heater Continues and Watercooler Sports with Marina

3/11/2019
More
Billy is on vacation somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic ocean so Drew and Ben discuss the conference and NCAA tournament pictures, the Will Wade debacle, and the Lakers fall while the Celtics Rise. Then, they're joined by Jordan to talk about the Kicked Out Sportsbook gambling performance. Finally, our newest contributor, Marina, comes on to talk about her weekly blog Watercooler Sports and upcoming features for the NCAA tournament. Thanks for listening! Become a supporter of this...

Duration:00:29:11

Kicked Out Sportsbook Weekly Picks with Jordan Jones

3/6/2019
More
Drew sits down with the founder of the Kicked Out Sportsbook and person behind the @kickedoutbets Twitter account, Jordan Jones, to give a quick recap of last week's (BLAZING HOT) performance and predict how trends will impact outcomes for the rest of this week. Leave a comment or respond @kickedoutbets and @blowbypodcast on Twitter and Instagram or at kickedoutmedia.com to let us know what you think and if you have any hot gambling tips of your own. Happy money-making! Become a supporter...

Duration:00:15:57

Zero Dark 30-33: The LeBron James Story

3/4/2019
More
This week's episode of The Blow-By sees Drew, Ben, and Billy introducing the Watercooler Sports blog by Marina on kickedoutmedia.com, predicting the SEC and NCAA tournament picture, sitting back and enjoying the dumpster fire that is the Los Angeles Lakers, and asking: So now that Trae Young is obviously the second coming of our lord and savior Stephen Curry, was the Luka-Trae draft-night trade as lopsided as we once thought? Find all of our great content and more on...

Duration:00:35:44

Blow-By Gambling Bets on Duke Falling Apart in the First Round (like Zion's Shoe)

2/25/2019
More
In the 8th installment of The Blow-By, we sit down will local gambling degenerate Jordan Jones to discuss his new weekly picks, analyze why Zion's shoe exploding matters a little too much, why John Calipari is the obvious choice for coach of the year, more Lakers talk (sorry), and whether or not the Nuggets are an actual problem. Thanks for listening! Become a supporter of this podcast: https://anchor.fm/the-blow-by/support This podcast is sponsored by Anchor

Duration:00:40:12

NBA All-Star Weekend, The Cats Kill the Vols, and a Tangent on Kobe Bryant

2/18/2019
More
Ben is out of town enjoying the warm Chicago air and has left Billy and Drew to cover all-star weekend in the NBA, the massacre of the Volunteers, and much more. We are joined by special guest Dan Fitzmaurice, local Los Angeles Lakers fan, to fill in for Ben and we spend a considerable amount of time discussing the Anthony Davis Saga, whether or not Space Jam 2 even exists, and Kobe's place in basketball history. Thanks for listening! Become a supporter of this podcast:...

Duration:00:49:04

UK vs. LSU Instant Reaction: Ben Goes Off the Deep End

2/13/2019
More
After a devastating last-second loss to LSU on a potential offensive goaltending no-call, Ben (who attended the game in Rupp Arena) is very upset with the officials, the Rupp Arena crowd, the cheerleaders, the band, and God. Thanks for listening and don't forget to subscribe and give us a review to let us know how we're doing! You can also follow us at @blowbypodcast on Twitter for more updates like this. Become a supporter of this podcast: https://anchor.fm/the-blow-by/support This podcast...

Duration:00:10:39

Porzingis Knows Something and Tampering is a Myth

2/11/2019
More
In the fifth installment of the Blow-By Podcast we recap Kentucky's recent success, Zion possibly being a mutant, and the All-Star Game Draft. Then, we bring up our conspiracy theories around the Kristaps Porzingis trade. Finally, we say a eulogy for John Wall's achilles and debate jersey retirements. Thanks for listening. Become a supporter of this podcast: https://anchor.fm/the-blow-by/support This podcast is sponsored by Anchor

Duration:00:41:24

Trade Deadline > Super Bowl?

2/4/2019
More
In the fourth installment of our weekly basketball show, we wonder why any athlete wouldn't want to attend a top-tier school if they could, Billy obsesses over North Carolina, Lebron manages his load, and the Knicks are burning down. If you like this and want to hear more from us, be sure to rate, review, subscribe, and share with others. You can also find us on Twitter at @blowbypodcast. Thanks for listening! Become a supporter of this podcast: https://anchor.fm/the-blow-by/support This...

Duration:00:54:23

It's Tanking Szn and Dick Vitale is pulling a Weekend at Bernies

1/29/2019
More
In the third entry to the Blow-By Podcast we discuss the SEC-Big 12 challenge, the end of Melo's career, the Golden State Monstars, the Chicago Bulls and the virtues of tanking, Ben complains about the zebras, and the life and death of Dick Vitale. Become a supporter of this podcast: https://anchor.fm/the-blow-by/support This podcast is sponsored by Anchor

Duration:00:40:58

Episode 2: Is Duke NOT the greatest team ever?

1/21/2019
More
In the second episode of the flagship podcast Kentucky's NBA-watching community we hear what Ben has learned about the NBA this week, predict around when coach K's back should start acting up, and also: BOOGIE IS BACK. Become a supporter of this podcast: https://anchor.fm/the-blow-by/support This podcast is sponsored by Anchor

Duration:00:35:56

Episode 1: Three White Guys Talking Basketball (Welcome!)

1/14/2019
More
In our first episode, we discuss the current college hoops landscape as it relates to the team we care about and we find Ben a new NBA team to pull for since the Bulls are dead. Intro/Outro Music sourced from https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzW9IT5ylJ87DLcorSpM2Eg" target="_blank">Savage Become a supporter of this podcast: https://anchor.fm/the-blow-by/support This podcast is sponsored by Anchor

Duration:00:52:47