Irena Vrčkovnik has been singing and making her listeners happy for over 30 years. She speaks about her concert, where all musicians she’s ever worked with, had performed for a very good cause. All the money she made at the event was given to children suffering from cancer.
- Irena Vrčkovnik svoje oboževalce s svojim petjem razveseljuje že več kot 30 let. V tem zanimivem pogovoru je z nami delila spomine na nedavno praznovanje, ki je bilo v obliki koncerta, na katerem so sodelovali vsi...
Federico Potočnik is a young doctor from Celje, Slovenia, who was born and raised in Buenos Aires, Argentina. He shares his story and views on the Slovenian community.
- Federico Potočnik je mlad zdravnik, ki prihaja iz Celja. Rodil se je v Buenos Airesu v Argentini, kjer je preživel prvih 15 let zivljenja. V tem pogovoru nam je zaupal svojo zgodbo in svoj pogled na slovensko skupnost.
We spoke with the new Minister of the Republic of Slovenia for Slovenians in neighbouring countries and abroad Peter Česnik. He explained more about his plans and goals for his term, as well as what elements he and his team will focus on in reviewing how they can help over half a million Slovenians who live outside Slovenia.
- Pogovarjali smo se z Petrom Česnikom, novim ministrom za Slovence v zamejstvu in po svetu. Povedal nam je več o ciljih mandata in kako bo pomagal pol miljona...
At the annual general meeting at the end of 2018, Štefan Šernek continued as president of the Slovenian Association Sydney for 2018-19. We spoke with him about his committee's plans for 2019 and the ongoing future of the club.
- Na letnem občnem zboru Slovenskega društva Sydney je bil Štefan Šernek ponovno izvoljen za predsednika. Z njim smo se pogovarjali o načrtih za leto 2019 in kakšna prihodnost se obeta klubu.
At the end of 2018, we look back at what kind of year we had on the Slovenian program during the year and all we have brought you.
- Ob koncu leta preglejmo, kaj vse se je zgodilo v letu 2018: v svetovni areni, na domačem polju in v naši slovenski skupnosti.
Many leaders of our Slovenian organisations around Australia sent their special holiday messages to all the listeners.
- Številni predstavniki slovenskih organizacij po Avstraliji so poslali posebna praznična sporočila.
In the days before Christmas, our heads of the Slovenian religious centres in Australia, Fr. Ciril Božič from Melbourne, Fr. Darko Žnidaršič and Fr. David Šrumpf share their thoughts for this festive time.
- Voditelji verskih središč v Avstraliji so nam predali njihove misli za praznični čas. Oglasili se bodo p. Ciril Božič iz Melbourna, p. Darko Žnidaršič iz Sydneya in p. David Šrumpf iz Adelaide.
Dr Belovič gives us some tips on how to eat healthier during the festive season when the table is more often than not overfilled with many holiday treats.
- Dr. Belovič svetuje, kako lahko tradicionalni praznicni hrani dodamo zdrave izdelke.
Five young Australian language students have been selected as the winners of the third annual SBS National Languages Competition. The winners were selected from around 4,000 entries representing 80 languages. The competition asked students of all ages to submit images and text describing the possibilities learning a language had opened for them.
- Ta teden je pet mladih študentov tujih jezikov prejelo priznanje na tretjem tekmovanju iz tujih jezikov v sodelovanju z SBSom. Tekmovalo je...
Everyday we consume sugar, but how much is too much? Experts warn us against overeating or drinking sugar and the consequences. Dr Belovič tell us more about the effects on our health if we consume over the daily recommendation.
- V vsakdanji prehrani zaužijemo precej sladkorja. Strokovnjaki nas svarijo pred škodljivostjo čezmernega vnosa sladkorja in posledicami takšnega ravnanja. Dr. Belovič opisuje, kako prekomerno uživanje sladkorja vpliva na nase...
Slovenian Bocce club Lipa on the Gold Coast had their annual general meeting on Saturday December 1. At that meeting, they voted in a new president for the next year, Jure Skumavc. We invited Jure to tell us more about himself and what their plans are for the future.
Preteklo soboto, 1. decembra, je slovensko društvo Bocce Club Lipa na Zlati obali imelo letni občni zbor. Izvolili so novega predsednika Jureta Skumavca. Povabili smo ga, da se nam predstavi in da nam zaupa, kaj načrtujejo...
Ansambel Karošec visited Australia in 2002. The band is returning to Australia for a couple of gigs within the Slovenian Communities in Victoria and South Australia in December 2018. We speak to band leader, Ivan Karošec about their up and coming tour Down Under.
- Ansambel Karošec je prvič obiskal Avstralijo leta 2002. Decembra 2018 bo drugič gostoval za Slovence pod južnim križem. Oglasil se je vodja ansambla Ivan Karošec in nam zaupal nekaj o letoštnji turneji v Viktoriji in Južni...
On Sunday, October 28th 2018, the Slovenian Community in Adelaide celebrated the 35th anniversary since the Holy Family Slovenian Catholic Church in West Hindmarsh was blessed in February 1983. Special guests were the Most Reverend Archbishop and Metropolitan of Ljubljana, Monsignor Stanislav Zore and the Slovenian Franciscan Provincial, Father Marijan Čuden OFM.
Father David Šrumpf OFM, who leades the Holy Family Slovenian Catholic Mission in West Hindmarsh joined us on SBS Slovenian to...
Vegetables are an important part of healthy eating. In many of her features over the years, Dr Belovič has mentioned the importance of regularly consuming green vegetables, in particular spinach, various varieties of lettuce, broccoli and many others. Today she also talks about rocket and how we can use it in everyday eating.
- Pomemben del zdrave prehrane je zelenjava. Dr. Belovič je večkrat omenila pomembnost zelene zelenjave, na primer špinače, blitve, različnih vrst solat, brokolija...
Dr Kaja Antlej, president of the Slovenian Australian Academic Association gives an update about their work and activites and achievements in 2018. She also speaks about what their association has planned for 2019.
- Dr. Kaja Antlej, predsednica Slovensko-avstralskega akademskega društva poroča o novostih in aktivnostih v njihovi organizaciji in o načrtih za leto 2019.
Ren Gregorčič is a 2nd generation Australia Slovenian artist who lives in Melbourne. In this interview, he tells us more about his latest work 'constructive' a re-interpreted klopotec. He also invites all of you to the unveiling of his new soundwork tonight, at Magnet Rehearsal and Recording Studios (11 Roosevlet St, North Coburg) from 6-7PM. For more information, you can also visit his page: www.rengregorcic.com
- Ren Gregoričič, član druge generacije avstralskih Slovencev, je umetnik,...
Fr Simon Peter Berlec is currently in charge of the Sveta Gora monastery in Slovenia. He'll be taking over Fr Ciril Božič's role as the next leader of the Saints Cyril and Methodius Slovenian Mission in Kew from mid 2019. Fr Ciril has been in this position since 2001.
Fr Simon Peter Berlec joined SBS Slovenian in our Melbourne studios at Federation Square for a rather frank discussion about the future of the Slovenian Mission under his role, as well as the future of the wider Slovenian...
One in three older Australians were born overseas – the majority of whom originally from a non-English speaking country. Meanwhile, the number of school leavers graduating with a second language is declining. A Monash University project has found a creative solution to this problem by pairing up older migrants with high school students learning a second language.
- Eden od treh starejših upokojenih Avstralcev se je rodil v ne-angleško govoreči državi izven Avstralije. Istočasno pa število...
Trio Pogladič are a family band from Vojnik in Slovenia, who have been entertaining audiences for more than 20 years. They are well known in the Slovenian community in Australia as they have been 'Down under' three times. We spoke with the leader Milan Pogladič about their recent releases of new songs, which include the 3rd generation of family members.
- Družinski Trio Pogladič prihaja iz Vojnika v Sloveniji in deluje več kot 20 let. Trio nas je že trikrat obiskal v Avstraliji na uspešnih...