1. Karnataka batsman Karun Nair made 303 not out runs in fifth test match against England in Chennai test on December 19, 2016. Earlier the triple century record was in the name of- (A) Virender Sehwag (B) Kapil Dev (C) Virat Kohli (D) B.B.S. Lakshaman 2. Term `Tennis elbow' is associa ted with- (A) A penalty in lawn tennis game (B) An additional point in table
1. Most of creative thinking activi ties occur during the stage of- (A) Preparation (B) Illumination (C) Incubation (D) Evaluation 2. Thinking is carried on by- (A) Imperceptible mascular movements (B) Mental images representing a variety of symbols (C) Both of these processes (D) Neither of these processes 3. Day-dreaming is an example of- (A) Autistic th
Answers with Hints 1. (A) 2. (C) 3. (A) 4. (D) 5. (D) Kambala refers to the sport of racing pairs of buffaloes across slushy paddy fields. It is the most popular rural sport of Karnataka, while the others are synonyms of Jallikattu, a bull fighting sport of Tamil Nadu.
6. (A) 7. (A) 8. (D) 9. (D) 10. (B) 11. (A) 12. (B) 13. (B) 14. (D) 15. (C) 16. (D) 17. (D) 18. (C) 19
In Favour --S. Kaul I believe that in the modern world with new technologies and millions becoming involved in Journalism through social networks, the weight of ensuring the ethics of the profession should be on the shoulders of editors and other gatekeepers of the news. I call on editors and publishers; I call on governmental authorities wherever they own media outlets directly
Students wondered what the weird looking green-brown pillars were.
`Trees', the museum guide explained.
Though an extreme predicament, its possibilities cannot be denied.
"On climate change, we often don't fully appreciate that it is a problem. We think it is a problem waiting to happen."
--Kofi Annan And thus there arises a need to gain a dee
1. A comparison of vocational education in India and that the USA reveals that- (A) vocational programme in USA is taken less seriously (B) in India there is no coordi nation between the academic and vocational programmes (C) the history and development of vocational education in India has witnessed many ups and downs in comparison to USA (D) the vocational progra
1. Which one of the following gases is released mostly from landfills in urban areas ?
(A) Nitrogen (B) Hydrogen (C) Methane (D) Oxygen 2. Which one of the following is most sensitive to environmental change ?
(A) Amphibian (B) Reptile (C) Mammal (D) Insect 3. Which one of the following is the largest source of electricity in India ?
(A) Hydropower p
1. Which Governor General abol ished `Thagi' in India ?
(A) Sir John Shore (B) Lord Wellesley (C) Lord William Bentinck (D) Lord Mayo 2. In which year the Government Postal Service was introduced in India ?
(A) 1853 AD (B) 1854 AD (C) 1855 AD (D) 1856 AD 3. From which book our national song `Vande Matram' has been taken ?
(A) Anand Math (B) Neel Darpa
Note--This paper contains fifty (50) objective type questions of two (2) marks each. All questions are compulsory.
1. For the following statements of Assertion (A) and Reason (R) indicate the correct code from the alternatives given- Assertion (A) : Liberalization means corporatisation of departmental undertakings and public under takings.
Reason (R) : Free
Note : This Paper contains fifty (50) objective type questions of two (2) marks each. All questions are compulsory.
1. Word `Diskos' in Greek meant (A) A thing of pushing (B) A thing of eating (C) A thing of playing (D) A thing of throwing 2. Which of the following drugs is not banned by the International Olympic Committee ?
(A) Cocaine (B) Marij
Note--This paper contains Seventy five (75) objective type questions of two (2) marks each. All questions are compulsory.
1. The right to choose the place of meeting in social case work is preferably vested with the- (A) Agency (B) Client (C) Social Worker (D) Person accompanying the client 2. What is the number of proposed targets for Sustainable Develop
1. According to Brand Finance Global 500 report 2017, the most valuable global brand in 2017 is- (A) Google (B) Apple (C) Amazon (D) Alibaba 2. According to Brand Finance Global 500 report 2017, the most valuable Indian brand in 2017 is- (A) Airtel (B) LIC (C) Tata (D) Infosys 3. Who was the first non-economist to win the Nobel Prize for Economi
1. According to Economic Survey 2016-17, the growth rate of GVA at basic price for agriculture and allied sector for the year 2016-17 (1st advance estimates) stands at- (A) 0·2% (B) 1·2% (C) 2·1% (D) 4·1% 2. Economic Survey 2016-17 puts expected range of GDP growth (at constant price) for the year 2017-18 between- (A) 6·5 to 7·0% (B) 6·75 to 7·25%
Danish Bilal Chandragupta Maurya Chandragupta Maurya, the founder of the Maurya empire, was one of the earliest men under whose reign the whole of North India was united. He was the first emperor of India who gave a certain shape to Indian polity, administration and political boundaries in the ancient period.
There is a lot of controversy with regard to the ancestory of Chandragupta M
Environmental Assessment (EA) It is a process whose breadth, depth, and type of analysis depend on the proposed project. EA evaluates a project's potential environmental risks and impacts in its area of influence and identifies ways of improving project design and implementation by preventing, minimizing, mitigating, or compensating for adverse environmental impacts and by enhancin
Indian Polity and Constitution Which Article of the Indian Constitution provides the power of superintendence, direction and control of elections to the Election Commission of India ?
--Article 324 Which schedule was added by the 52nd Amendment Act, also known as Anti-defection Act in the Constitution of India ?
--Tenth Schedule W
J. B. Mall, Psychologist Gentleman, I have accepted your request on SSB guidance No. 09415062698, 09918576833 and on the emergency SSB guidance No. 09455713098 with SSB jbmall.com to interpret 4 to 5 stories along with small package of the interpretation. By this way you will come to know the shortcomings and improvement on varieties of stories along with their demands and modification which fac
Sanjeev Sirohi, Advocate The Supreme Court on January 10, 2017 directed the Central government to audit nearly 30 lakh NonGovernment Organisations (NGOs) which received public funds but consistently failed to explain how they spent the money. What is of grave concern to note here is that some NGOs are totally in this murky business of misappropriating funds for illegal purposes. Government too h
Flooding in general and urban flooding in particular is not an unknown event in the world and in India. Across India, city after city has experienced floods, while some others live with the fear of impending disasters. Every year floods are reported from cities like Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Surat, Rohtak, Gorakhpur and Guwahati. In 2015, it was C
S. K. Sachdeva Thanks to Operation Flood--the White Revolution, the world's largest agricultural dairy development programme, that India continues to be the largest producer of milk in the World since 1997. The production of milk in India was at 146·31 million tonnes in 2014-15 with an annual growth rate of 6·27% which is about 18% of the World's milk production.
The dairy sector holds far mo