- Hydration and nutrition for 60-90 min workouts and long endurance events/24h events - ERG vs. training skills for bike workouts - Training zones -Crit Racing at Cross Fit Games 2018 Resources: Workout Hydration - https://blog.skratchlabs.com/blog/hydration-science-and-practice -24hr Workout Hydration strategies - https://www.hammernutrition.com.au/how-to-fuel-for-a-24-hour-mtb-ride/ Crit Race at Cross Fit Games 2018: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UjFL5czGiA
- Zwift Academy as a training tool, what to expect, how to fit it into your overall plan - What is VO2 Max, and can it be improved? - Changing your goals after the season does not go as planned - How music can make you faster
The coaches do a roundtable about racing and cover: - Week and day before the race - training, mental preparation, state of mind (including the day of) / Visualization - Race reports and lessons learned - When something goes wrong (we all had something go wrong in our last event!) - Choosing events that play to your strengths (but trying new things in the process) - Recovery- how much time off/how many easy days? - Eating immediately after a race/event and recovery (more on that topic...
Topics: - Wear and tear on our bikes while on our trainers - 5 Tips for Setting Up an Effective Indoor Cycling Space - Volume or intensity workouts- which is better? - Altitude acclimatization - Body Set Point and nutrition and more! Links talked about on the show: https://trainright.com/5-tips-for-setting-up-an-effective-indoor-cycling-space/ Coach Theia's indoor set-up: https://youtu.be/Uc78ieK4Lus
- What is torque and why it is so important in cycling - Should you follow Froome's nutrition plan? And more! Links talked about on the show: https://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/44694122 https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06ctplq
- Finding your "WHY" - Should you just stick with real food to fuel your race? - Why “steady state” riding isn’t effective- cycling is not a steady sport - Mechanical failures in a race - overcoming problems Join the Endurance Lab Coaches!
Margaret Thompson shares how she and her teammates established a Race Across America (RAAM) record for a four-person women’s team aged 60-69 of 7 days, 11 hours and 4 minutes. CHat and Chill ride in Zwift with Theia Friestedt
- Numbers are important, but not the most important part of your training - The emotional side of injury - Is Hot Dog water the next coconut water? - Travel and training, and how different foods can affect your performance And more! Coaches Corner Episode 30!
Training stress from VO2 does not depend on FTP. Are you fueling enough on the bike? Carbs- what and when. Back on the bike after an injury. Sportives/long rides/events on the weekends- before and after workouts.
- Time trials: preparation and pacing - Nutrition: feeling completely exhausted after a hard ride or training session - Why is my power on the trainer different than my power outdoors? Is there an FTP difference? - Training for a long event - volume vs. intensity And more! Coaches Corner 25
This week, we discuss: Single leg drills Techniques for standing on the bike Pedaling imbalance (asymmetry): consequences and how to correct it Breathing during hard workouts and in transition during triathlons Cold feet after the swim and before the run and more!
Having a hard time following all the topics on Watts up with Power? Join us for an overview of the last 12 weeks so you can get your bearing again. The show covers a whole host of topics related to the basics of power based training, so YOU can take your training to the next level!