- 2018 Kona podium predictions from our coaches - Cyclocross - should you try? How is CX different that gravel races, road races, crits? How should you train for CX? - Food shopping tips Links: Coach Theia's CX races: https://youtu.be/4kmjhbfa4io https://youtu.be/HoeM1JCYYFQ Food shopping: https://youtu.be/BDbyIgho70c
Welcome to “On the Team Bus” where we bring you the stories and adventures of the riders of TeamODZ and friends. Each episode we will get to the riders better and hear their stories from on and off the bike. Today we are with David Bussey and we chat about his Cyclocross history and racing.
- Reasons for withdrawing during a race or event (other than safety or injury) - Recovery is best when you move around - CBD (cannabinoid) use in endurance sports And more! Join the Endurance Lab Coaches.
- If your main events of the season are behind you…. What’s next? - Start to plan early for the 2019 Season - Are you eating enough to support your training and recovery? - Cycling efficiency indoors vs. outdoors And more! Join The Endurance Lab Coaches!
- Cheating in Age-Group/Amateur Cycling and Triathlon - Are you injured? - Taking risks, getting kicked, getting dropped - Chainline (https://www.velonews.com/2018/08/podcast/tech-podcast-ep-7-what-is-chain-line-and-why-does-it-matter_476131) And more! Endurance Lab www.endurancelab.fit for more information
- When health starts to crash, warning signs and what to do about it in cycling and triathlon training - Failure isn't necessarily a failure in training, race outcomes - Indoor trainer vs. outdoor power meter -differences and how to adjust your training and more!
- How to come back after a long break from training - Power profiling, Zwift Academy "test" workouts, what do they mean? - Respecting the process- what it takes to achieve big goals - Air quality and deciding whether to ride outside Ashley Horner - https://www.ashleyhorner.co/ Iron Cowboy - http://www.ironcowboy.co/home-1/ Understanding Power Profiling - https://tinyurl.com/y896tv8g Todays Plan Performance Index - https://tinyurl.com/y8ql6tvz Suggested Weekly TSS And Target CTL -...
- Hydration and nutrition for 60-90 min workouts and long endurance events/24h events - ERG vs. training skills for bike workouts - Training zones -Crit Racing at Cross Fit Games 2018 Resources: Workout Hydration - https://blog.skratchlabs.com/blog/hydration-science-and-practice -24hr Workout Hydration strategies - https://www.hammernutrition.com.au/how-to-fuel-for-a-24-hour-mtb-ride/ Crit Race at Cross Fit Games 2018: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UjFL5czGiA
- Zwift Academy as a training tool, what to expect, how to fit it into your overall plan - What is VO2 Max, and can it be improved? - Changing your goals after the season does not go as planned - How music can make you faster
The coaches do a roundtable about racing and cover: - Week and day before the race - training, mental preparation, state of mind (including the day of) / Visualization - Race reports and lessons learned - When something goes wrong (we all had something go wrong in our last event!) - Choosing events that play to your strengths (but trying new things in the process) - Recovery- how much time off/how many easy days? - Eating immediately after a race/event and recovery (more on that topic here:...
Topics: - Wear and tear on our bikes while on our trainers - 5 Tips for Setting Up an Effective Indoor Cycling Space - Volume or intensity workouts- which is better? - Altitude acclimatization - Body Set Point and nutrition and more! Links talked about on the show: https://trainright.com/5-tips-for-setting-up-an-effective-indoor-cycling-space/ Coach Theia's indoor set-up: https://youtu.be/Uc78ieK4Lus
- What is torque and why it is so important in cycling - Should you follow Froome's nutrition plan? And more! Links talked about on the show: https://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/44694122 https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06ctplq
- Finding your "WHY" - Should you just stick with real food to fuel your race? - Why “steady state” riding isn’t effective- cycling is not a steady sport - Mechanical failures in a race - overcoming problems Join the Endurance Lab Coaches!
Margaret Thompson shares how she and her teammates established a Race Across America (RAAM) record for a four-person women’s team aged 60-69 of 7 days, 11 hours and 4 minutes. CHat and Chill ride in Zwift with Theia Friestedt
- Numbers are important, but not the most important part of your training - The emotional side of injury - Is Hot Dog water the next coconut water? - Travel and training, and how different foods can affect your performance And more! Coaches Corner Episode 30!