- Racing in the Winter season can sabotage your training goals. Learn how to keep your training on track by structuring your weeks to avoid overtraining. - How much time is too much to spend on the trainer? - Importance of bike fit and periodic adjustments when training indoors - What is "Imposter Syndrome" and how can it affect athletes (see also https://podone.noxsolutions.com/media/1237/episodes/127-DeepDive-ImposterSyndrome-02.mp3) #coaching #endurancelab #podcast #teamodz #endurance...
- Progress and results from training are not linear - Measuring training progress - How nutrition can help with progress - Why taking a week off your typical training can be beneficial - Sample “maintenance” training week while away - Staying healthy - What's in your medicine cabinet? Join the Coaches of the Endurance Lab! #cycling #triathlon #sportsnutrition #theendurancelab #trainingprogress #weekofftraining #herbsandhealth
- Fueling for Fondos vs Short Races - Traveling and training - tips for before, during and after a long trip - Detraining in the offseason, losing fitness - Coach Mitch and his favorite FTP test #triathlontraining #winternutrition #sportsnutrition #crossishere #firstcyclocrossseason #CXraces #fondos #timedfondos #coaching #endurancelab #zwift #zwiftnyc #offseasonnutrition
- First Cyclocross season: Coach Theia tells her journey in 7 weeks of racing and going from 23rd place to 2nd with a Cat upgrade. - Are "timed" Fondos races? Are they a good idea? - Triathlon training and cadence in hilly courses, including the NYC course in Zwift - Nutrition for the off-season, Winter and holiday season More about Cadence in Episode 43 #triathlontraining #cadence #triathloncadence #winternutrition #sportsnutrition #crossishere #firstcyclocrossseason #CXraces #chicrosscup...
G. Mosley, accomplished Age Group triathlete, shares his views, opinions, and experiences from participating in the IRONMAN World Championships in Kona in 2018 and years prior. #kona #ironman #agegroup #triathlon
- 2018 Kona podium predictions from our coaches - Cyclocross - should you try? How is CX different that gravel races, road races, crits? How should you train for CX? - Food shopping tips Links: Coach Theia's CX races: https://youtu.be/4kmjhbfa4io https://youtu.be/HoeM1JCYYFQ Food shopping: https://youtu.be/BDbyIgho70c
Welcome to “On the Team Bus” where we bring you the stories and adventures of the riders of TeamODZ and friends. Each episode we will get to the riders better and hear their stories from on and off the bike. Today we are with David Bussey and we chat about his Cyclocross history and racing.
- Reasons for withdrawing during a race or event (other than safety or injury) - Recovery is best when you move around - CBD (cannabinoid) use in endurance sports And more! Join the Endurance Lab Coaches.
- If your main events of the season are behind you…. What’s next? - Start to plan early for the 2019 Season - Are you eating enough to support your training and recovery? - Cycling efficiency indoors vs. outdoors And more! Join The Endurance Lab Coaches!
- Cheating in Age-Group/Amateur Cycling and Triathlon - Are you injured? - Taking risks, getting kicked, getting dropped - Chainline (https://www.velonews.com/2018/08/podcast/tech-podcast-ep-7-what-is-chain-line-and-why-does-it-matter_476131) And more! Endurance Lab www.endurancelab.fit for more information
- When health starts to crash, warning signs and what to do about it in cycling and triathlon training - Failure isn't necessarily a failure in training, race outcomes - Indoor trainer vs. outdoor power meter -differences and how to adjust your training and more!
- How to come back after a long break from training - Power profiling, Zwift Academy "test" workouts, what do they mean? - Respecting the process- what it takes to achieve big goals - Air quality and deciding whether to ride outside Ashley Horner - https://www.ashleyhorner.co/ Iron Cowboy - http://www.ironcowboy.co/home-1/ Understanding Power Profiling - https://tinyurl.com/y896tv8g Todays Plan Performance Index - https://tinyurl.com/y8ql6tvz Suggested Weekly TSS And Target CTL -...
- Hydration and nutrition for 60-90 min workouts and long endurance events/24h events - ERG vs. training skills for bike workouts - Training zones -Crit Racing at Cross Fit Games 2018 Resources: Workout Hydration - https://blog.skratchlabs.com/blog/hydration-science-and-practice -24hr Workout Hydration strategies - https://www.hammernutrition.com.au/how-to-fuel-for-a-24-hour-mtb-ride/ Crit Race at Cross Fit Games 2018: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UjFL5czGiA
- Zwift Academy as a training tool, what to expect, how to fit it into your overall plan - What is VO2 Max, and can it be improved? - Changing your goals after the season does not go as planned - How music can make you faster