Rapid City, SD
KOTA Radio had it’s beginnings on Thanksgiving evening, November 26, 1936 as KOBH for Kall Of the Black Hills. The station’s studios were located in the 11th floor penthouse of the Alex Johnson Hotel in downtown Rapid City. With the end of World War II approaching, KOBH received permission from the Federal Communications Commission to increase its power to 5,000 watts and changes it call sign to KOTA, the last syllables of Dakota, on January 1, 1945. At that time KOTA also began it’s long affiliation with the CBS radio network.
KOTA Radio Duhamel Broadcasting Enterprises 518 St Joseph St Rapid City, SD 57701 605-342-2000